The harness and switch are used for dictating your cleaning cycle and rinsing function. Follow our guide below to replace these parts.
1. Bypass the water filter by pushing the handle in on the back of your unit. This will stop water from coming in or out of the system while you work.
2. Unplug your filter from the power outlet.
3. Remove the top cover of the filter by unhooking the 2 clips that hold it onto the tank. By pulling the back of the cover out and away from your unit, the clips will release.
Disconnect Existing Parts
1. Looking that the top of the filter, locate the green and orange wires - this is your wire harness. One side plugs into the switch (pictured). Remove the white plastic piece at the switch connection.
2. The opposite side of the wire harness pulgs in to the back of the control board. Find the red plastic connector and unplug it (pictured above).
4. Remove the two screws holding the motor on. Then, remove the three screws holding the motor plate, so you have access to tht black switch box (screw locations are in yellow below).
5. Remove the two screws holding the Switch in place.
Reconnecting New Parts
1. Place the new Switch on the valve head and secure with the two screws.
2. Attach the motor plate and secure with three screws. Attach the Motor on top with the two motor screws (pictured above).
3. Attach the new wire harness to the switch. The orange wire should be on the outside left side of the black switch box. The front-right metal prong on the switch will stay exposed.
4. Attach the other side of the harness to the control board. Make sure the wires are running away from the control board. The red connector should sit flush with the white plastic piece on the board.
6. Replace the top cover on your unit and reconnect the power cord to the outlet.